Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service includes hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's study these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you'd like to run a web portal, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by certain web hosts, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting solutions frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly amiss interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with pals or associates since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your mail address accounts. Some firms provide web site hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to possess as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to possess a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At ticopaginas, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific content exclusively.